Cold Shrinkable Joints are made of Silicon Rubber Compound, and supplied in a single piece per core (Geometric Stress Cone and outer silicon Jacket all in one), ready to install arrangement. They are available for medium voltages up to 42 KV with Copper, Aluminum or Bimetallic shear bolt cable lugs.
- Quick and easy to install, requiring no heat / flame source
- Usable with a wide range of cables in a wide range of applications
- Reliable to work in harsh conditions
Installation process is very easy:
- Place the cold shrink tube on the pre-prepared cable
- Make the connection and remove the core
- Turn back the outer jaket from two sides of the cable